Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Healthy Diet and Fitness ( for Students And Teachers as well )

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
11 months ago
I use Go Noodle as a way to get my kids moving within my classroom. We spend at least 10 mins daily in the classroom moving to Go Noodle. I love to choose the zumba ones because it has the kids moving usually in a fast pace as well as using their whole body within the movements.
+1
11 months ago
My kids love go noodle - I feel like they get a break from the intensity of focused learning and we can kind of bond as well!
11 months ago
I agree it does help with redirecting students thinking and a break from staying constantly focused on work.
+2
5 months ago
Quote from Lesley Thompson
I use Go Noodle as a way to get my kids moving within my classroom. We spend at least 10 mins daily in the classroom moving to Go Noodle. I love to choose the zumba ones because it has the kids moving usually in a fast pace as well as using their whole body within the movements.

What is Go Noodle ?

Would it benefit 10th - 12th grade students?

Last updated: 5 months ago

+2
5 months ago

What is Go Noodle ?

Last updated: 5 months ago

+10
5 weeks ago
Quote from Ahtesham Raza
i thought there should be place related to Healthy Diet and Fitness.

So Feel free to post Your Thoughts and web resources here.

I am sharing Mine:)

Green Smoothie: 10 Reasons to Drink more often!

http://fitnessbounty.com/green-smoothie-10-reasons-drink-often/

I agree that smoothies are great. There aren't many greens that I really enjoy, so having smoothies helps me get the nutrition I need. I also juice, which is somewhat controversial. Here's some info on that from web MD... https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/juicing-health-risks-and-benefits#1
2 weeks ago
Smoothies are my meal of choice when I'm on the go or trying to get a jump on traffic. I find my smoothie recipes by doing a google search and I usually save new recipes for the weekend just so I don't get any unexpected surprises :).
2 weeks ago
Quote from E Ortiz_ofs

What is Go Noodle ?

Go Noodle (gonoodle.com) is a website that has a variety of activities that you can do with your students. It has activities there that would interest all ages. There are activities specifically just for elementary students. These are the supplementary videos for lessons in the class (Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies, Nutrition, etc). There are activities that are appropriate for middle school and high school students (behavior management, yoga, exercise, ice breakers). I sometimes use it as an ice breaker for trainings with our teachers. Sometimes, I use the exercise videos to wake my students up. You just have to decide if you feel that your students are the ones who wants to have fun and it will be a good fit for you and your class. :)
First
Page 1 of 1
Last