Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

How do you build community in your classroom?

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
+2
2 years ago
+8
2 years ago
Quote from eortiz@conwell-egan.org

You need to be real, high expectation, communication with parents as often as possible, communication with the students and you need to share.
+4
2 years ago
You can assign roles to each student and rotate them. Or you can reward students for collaborative accomplishments. Encourage students to see the positive in other people's contributions instead of fostering a culture of competitiveness.
+2
2 years ago

I just read through. How Do I Build Community in My Classroom? It seemed interesting.

https://www.magnapubs.com/online/mentor/how-do-i-build-community-in-my-classroom-3175-1.html
+5
1 year ago
Modeling the behavior you want to see is essential. I compliment by students, I thank them, and I recognize positive behaviors.
+5
1 year ago
Quote from E Ortiz_ofs

I just read through. How Do I Build Community in My Classroom? It seemed interesting.

https://www.magnapubs.com/online/mentor/how-do-i-build-community-in-my-classroom-3175-1.html

Yes, the article is interesting...
+5
1 year ago
Quote from E Ortiz_ofs

Creating effective lines of communication... Giving attention to all my students and teaching them to work with each other... Continually changing seats and teams, so that everyone gets a chance to work with each other. Having a class party every so often to celebrate the achievements.

Last updated: 1 year ago

+2
1 year ago
Quote from Profe Moreno
Quote from E Ortiz_ofs

Creating effective lines of communication... Giving attention to all my students and teaching them to work with each other... Continually changing seats and teams, so that everyone gets a chance to work with each other. Having a class party every so often to celebrate the achievements.

Thanks for contributing to this thread.
+2
1 year ago
Quote from Profe Moreno
Quote from E Ortiz_ofs

Thank you for sharing and for keeping this thread going.
8 months ago
Take a look at Edutopia for the 4 Approaches to Building Positive Community in Any Classroom. All students want to feel part of their classroom community. There are four activities to help them feel welcomed and comfortable.

By Maurice J. Elias

https://www.edutopia.org/blog/4-approaches-building-positive-community-any-classroom-maurice-elias
First
Page 1 of 1
Last