Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Chromebooks in the Music Classroom

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
Basic Member
4 years ago
Looking for some help from music educators and how you use Chromebooks in your classroom.

What kind of projects do you do? What web based apps do you use?! Thanks in advance!
+2
9 months ago
Boy, it looks like we're in the minority since no one has even replied to this thread yet. I'm still experimenting, but YouTube is currently my best friend. I will be experimenting with other apps/sites and will post results on here afterward. I'm sorry it's taken 3 years for someone to reply, but I only got a membership this month, so... we'll see what we can do.
9 months ago
What kind of music class are you teaching/what level? I teach at the HS level and I have a variety of music classes: Music Appreciation, Musical Theater & Orchestra. With my Music Appreciation class - they really enjoyed using quizizz.com for short "quiz" questions on material - they got especially competitive to be on the leader board. When we were in school most of my classes were performance based and students could access material, homework, etc. at home.
9 months ago
Have you tried Quavermusic.com? I have used it with my music students. It came in very handy when teaching virtually.

Last updated: 9 months ago

9 months ago
My school uses Quavermusic.com, too, but it is curriculum for grades PreK-8. Also, I found Funmusicco.com. It is offering virtual lessons for grades K/6. Another that I used in the past, Music Online Learning which is Theory Skills Based.
+2
8 months ago
I actually teach at 8 different schools, Kindergarten through Sixth Grades. Our district is fully virtual to start the year but will be moving to in-person learning after the first quarter (hopefully). I don't know if the district will adopt a hybrid model or not.
8 months ago
Check out Music Play Online. They are adapting their online lessons and games to work with virtual teaching. Good for all ages in elementary music.
+2
8 months ago
Hey, y'all, thanks for the great sites to try! I'm going to have to check them out ASAP!
First
Page 1 of 1
Last