Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

connecting chromebook to a Smartboard

First
Page 1 of 2
Last
+2
4 years ago
My district just got Chromebooks, however I was informed that a chromebook cannot connect to a Smartboard.  Any suggestions?
Basic Member
4 years ago
Go to Radio Shack if USA or   the Source and ask for an adapter. Helene Wyskup
+2
4 years ago
Thanks! Is there a specific adapter name?
Basic Member
+2
4 years ago
You might not need an adapter at all. What kind of connection is on the Smartboard and what kind of connection is on your Chromebook?

Most newer Smartboards have HDMI connections and many Chromebooks do as well. Make sure you check first before you buy anything.
+2
4 years ago
My Smartboard does not have a HDMI connection but my Chromebook does.
Basic Member
+9
4 years ago
Quote from Helene Ludvica
Go to Radio Shack if USA or ? the Source and ask for an adapter. Helene Wyskup

Thanks, Helene. Would you consider Best Buy as another place to check? I will add the Source as an additional resource.
Basic Member
+9
4 years ago
Quote from TekkieTeacher
You might not need an adapter at all. What kind of connection is on the Smartboard and what kind of connection is on your Chromebook?

Most newer Smartboards have HDMI connections and many Chromebooks do as well. Make sure you check first before you buy anything.

Thanks for this new learning, TekkieTeacher. i will pass it along to others.
Basic Member
+9
4 years ago
Quote from Senors
My district just got Chromebooks, however I was informed that a chromebook cannot connect to a Smartboard. ?Any suggestions?

Chromebooks are used here, too. Would be great to learn of a way to make this happen.
Basic Member
+9
4 years ago
Quote from Senors
My Smartboard does not have a HDMI connection but my Chromebook does.

Does the age of the SB determine the lack of a HDMI connection?
Basic Member
4 years ago
Unfortunately, it cannot connect fully as there are no drivers available for the Chromebooks/boxes.

You can run a scaled-down version of SMART Notebook to edit or present on a Chromebook/box, but if you want the full experience (use of ink, pens, etc.), it must be connected to a Mac or PC.

This is an older article, but is still relevant...

http://www.classthink.com/2014/08/22/smart-notebook-for-chromebook/

Some in the comments section have stated that the board may work as a mouse, which may be enough for some applications.

Last updated: 4 years ago

First
Page 1 of 2
Last