Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Edmodo versus Edline

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
4 years ago
Which is better for a classroom website? Edmodo or Edline? My district wants us to use Edline but I looking at Edmodo and it seems easier to post assignments as well as having students respond to questions on the assignment
Basic Member
+8
4 years ago
I have not heard of Edline. So, I looked it up. It is a Blackboard product that is not just for website building, but also offers a full communication line of products. Here is the link if you have not looked at it yet: http://www.blackboard.com/platforms/engage/overview.aspx. 

Edmodo is not a website builder. Edmodo, by its own admission, is a social media platform for schools. 

If you are looking for a website alternative to what the school is asking you to use, look at Google Sites, Weebly and Wix. All are free or have free options. However, if the district put money into Edline (now called Blackboard Engage), I would see if that option can work for you and work with the IT department as much as possible to get it set up the way you want it.
Basic Member
4 years ago
My school has been using Edline for several years and I find it to be very user friendly. We use GradeQuick in Edline to record student grades and upload them weekly for students and parents to view privately.  Additionally I am able to put individual and group comments on grade updates which is a very nice feature. Through Edline I can contact parents and students via email (if they indicate an email address on their accounts) and they can send comments to me as well. On our class Edline page I have posted explanations for assignments and have attached documents, websites, photos and videos.  I have not fully explored the capability of using Edline in a flipped classroom capacity. It is not a paperless classroom platform because students cannot complete assignments online and allow teachers to grade them, nor does it have a social platform for a class blog, but it is a nice program for setting up a class page.  Our school does have access to turnitin.com which does allow me to collect and grade assignments, and we just became a Google school, so I am beginning to explore the Google Classroom and other aspects of Google Drive.  I hope you find Edline to be a useful tool for your class.
4 years ago
Thanks for your comments! I played with Edline a little today and it was not hard.
Basic Member
+10
4 years ago
Quote from mrsmathmagician
I have not heard of Edline. So, I looked it up. It is a Blackboard product that is not just for website building, but also offers a full communication line of products. Here is the link if you have not looked at it yet:?http://www.blackboard.com/platforms/engage/overview.aspx.?

Edmodo is not a website builder. Edmodo, by its own admission, is a social media platform for schools.?

If you are looking for a website alternative to what the school is asking you to use, look at Google Sites, Weebly and Wix. All are free or have free options. However, if the district put money into Edline (now called Blackboard Engage), I would see if that option can work for you and work with the IT department as much as possible to get it set up the way you want it.

Thanks for the details on this, mrsmathemagician. I will check out Weebly and Wix.

Seems Edline is extensive. :)
Basic Member
3 years ago
Edmodo
Basic Member
3 years ago
I used edmodo once, and did not like it. I've never used edline.
Basic Member
3 years ago
I signed up but didn't follow through. Never heard of the other.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last