Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Attention Getters for High School.

First
Page 1 of 2
Last
Basic Member
+3
4 years ago
Hello!

I am brainstorming some potential attention getters that would work for high school students. I would like to know what work for other high school teachers. Suggestions?
Basic Member
4 years ago
This is an area where I'd love to hear more ideas as well! It seems like a lot of the attention getter ideas I've seen are aimed towards younger groups.  I've had some success with ringing a bell- it definitely gets their attention, but I can't use it all the time or it gets annoying.  This year I think I'm going to try varying sounds to get their attention- I also have a hand drum and a pig that sings "CuPIG Shuffle"- so we'll see how that goes!
Basic Member
+3
4 years ago
Cupig shuffle - that sounds so cute :) I have used the no yell bell, which I may go back to. It had settings for different sounds. And you are right, most attention getters are catered to younger audiences - that's the problem.
Basic Member
+6
4 years ago
I just found the CuPig Shuffle on Youtube.  It's cute.  I might have to try it with middle school students.
Basic Member
+3
4 years ago
I just looked it up. It is adorable!
Basic Member
+8
4 years ago
We use a call and response similar to what is done at pep rallies. The goal is to get the kids trained so that you only have to say it once. I personally like the funny ones that they post on Pinterest, but the school chose something more educational.
Basic Member
+10
4 years ago
Quote from CNeumann
This is an area where I'd love to hear more ideas as well! It seems like a lot of the attention getter ideas I've seen are aimed towards younger groups. ?I've had some success with ringing a bell- it definitely gets their attention, but I can't use it all the time or it gets annoying. ?This year I think I'm going to try varying sounds to get their attention- I also have a hand drum and a pig that sings "CuPIG Shuffle"- so we'll see how that goes!

Sounds great. Students can benefit from creativity. :)
Basic Member
+10
4 years ago
Quote from mrsmathmagician
We use a call and response similar to what is done at pep rallies. The goal is to get the kids trained so that you only have to say it once. I personally like the funny ones that they post on Pinterest, but the school chose something more educational.

Students enjoy the call and response strategy.  :)
Basic Member
+10
4 years ago
Quote from smv0759
I just looked it up. It is adorable!

Seems wonderful. I am going to share this one. :)
Basic Member
+4
3 years ago
Content related music videos, book trailers, and polling/formative assessments using digital tools... like Quizizz, Spiral.ac, and Kahoot!
First
Page 1 of 2
Last