Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Hey, Teachers: What’s The Most Thoughtful Gift You’ve Ever Received?

First
Page 1 of 15
Last
Basic Member
+5
4 years ago
What have been your favorites?
+8
4 years ago
Quote from Annette_SK12

Letters written by my students! It is priceless. Best gift ever!
Basic Member
4 years ago
A classroom parent organized all the students and bought me a Star. I have a framed certificate about the star and a map that shows where my star is located.
+8
4 years ago
I forgot this year, one parent that she has a "Mariachi group". She surprised me at my home with beautiful songs for mother's day.

I do not have my own children, but she told me that I am the mother of all the students that I serve. It was fantastic. She made me cried.

It was beautiful to feel so much love.
Basic Member
+11
4 years ago
Quote from Annette_SK12

the best was a book with student drawn pictures of me and why they liked being in my class and or why they liked me! They gave it to me at graduation after a very hard year(i was in a horrible wreck and missed 3.5 months of school, moved from the building to a portable and the death of our assistant principal!) It is something that I cherish!!!
+5
4 years ago
I had a parent give me a gift certificate to get my car washed. It was for the super duper job.

Something I would not do for myself, but I felt special driving around in a clean car.

I also received a scrapbook of all the students' letters, pictures, and cards when I left a school one year. My partner teacher put it together for me.
Basic Member
+3
4 years ago
When I worked at an inner city school teaching 5th grade, a grandparent who was raising her 4 grandchildren rode the bus to hand deliver a homemade pound cake to me! It was delicious and this has been y most favorite gift thus far!
Basic Member
+1
4 years ago
One beautiful, priceless gift I received was a vase of paper flowers with a picture of each child in the center of each flower. Precious and adored!
Basic Member
+2
4 years ago
For our staff appreciation week this last year, the committee collected hand written thank you cards from students and we each had a USPS box in the lounge filled with them on the day of our luncheon.  It was nice to feel appreciated!
Basic Member
+8
4 years ago
Quote from Mariel Gomez de la Torre
Quote from Annette_SK12

Letters written by my students! It is priceless. Best gift ever!

Agree!!!
First
Page 1 of 15
Last