Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

MS Sharepoint

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
Basic Member
+6
4 years ago
Our school lacks a critical tool in modern education: an integrated Digital Learning Management System.  We want it to link students, teachers, and parents with individual learning profiles.  We are considering using Sharepoint and have spent a year now down that rabbit hole.  Just wondering what anecdotes and tips might be out there from those who have managed it successfully, vs those who have abandoned all hope.
Basic Member
+10
3 years ago
Very interesting. Abandonment for me but not necessarily for all times. Waiting to read and learn from others. :)
+8
3 years ago
Quote from Thomas Currie
Our school lacks a critical tool in modern education: an integrated Digital Learning Management System. ?We want it to link students, teachers, and parents with individual learning profiles. ?We are considering using Sharepoint and have spent a year now down that rabbit hole. ?Just wondering what anecdotes and tips might be out there from those who have managed it successfully, vs those who have abandoned all hope.

I haven't heard about Sharepoint, but I will investigate and share what I think later. Thanks for sharing with us.

Please share the link:

I found this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn788776.aspx
Basic Member
+10
3 years ago
Thanks.
2 years ago
Quote from Thomas Currie
Our school lacks a critical tool in modern education: an integrated Digital Learning Management System. ?We want it to link students, teachers, and parents with individual learning profiles. ?We are considering using Sharepoint and have spent a year now down that rabbit hole. ?Just wondering what anecdotes and tips might be out there from those who have managed it successfully, vs those who have abandoned all hope.

Probably too little, too late for you, but Microsoft is really feeling the heat Google is putting on them, so they have finally come up with the answer "Microsoft Classroom" which does alot of what you want to do. It also integrates with student management systems pretty easily.
Basic Member
+2
2 years ago
Quote from dcayea@thesetonschools.org
Quote from Thomas Currie

Probably too little, too late for you, but Microsoft is really feeling the heat Google is putting on them, so they have finally come up with the answer "Microsoft Classroom" which does alot of what you want to do. It also integrates with student management systems pretty easily.

Introduction to Microsoft Classroom

https://education.microsoft.com/GetTrained/introduction-to-microsoft-classroom

Get started with Microsoft Classroom

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-started-with-Microsoft-Classroom-dd5d064f-6c22-41e0-b721-9d359857d037
Basic Member
1 year ago
Though this is an older post, I thought I'd share for whoever might be following this post currently. Microsoft Classroom is being pulled into Microsoft Teams. Teams is still really new in its implementation in our district but I see a lot of potential, especially in communicating and collaborating in the classroom.
First
Page 1 of 1
Last