Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Google Apps for students with disabilities

First
Page 1 of 3
Last
Basic Member
4 years ago
Looking for Google Apps / add-ons for recommendations writing, reading, and math for assistive technology.  How are these apps applied in the classroom settings?
+10
4 years ago
I use the "Readability" Chrome Extension with my students.  Read below:

Readability is a web and mobile app that zaps clutter and saves web articles in a comfortable reading view.

The official Readability extension for Chrome provides a better way to read online, turning any web page into a comfortable reading view right in your web browser.

Features:

• "Read Now" to disable surrounding webpage noise and clutter

• "Read Later" to save content to your personal reading list

• "Send to Kindle" to send any web page to your Kindle in a comfortable reading view

• Tagging to help you keep your reading list organized

• Automatically sync your reading list to your Kindle every day with Kindle digests

• Printing

• Sharing through email, Facebook, and Twitter

• Configurable content appearance: font color and size
Basic Member
4 years ago
Readability is great - I've had great success with the use of the speech recognition add-on in Google Docs with student who struggle with written communication.
Basic Member
+3
4 years ago
So when I access the "Add ons" in Google Docs and search for Readability - it doesn't come up.  Has it been renamed?  Should I search another way?
Basic Member
+8
4 years ago
I heard Google docs may have taken down the readability app. Try Chrome.
Basic Member
+3
4 years ago
Thanks clPickett!  I will try going through Chrome.
Basic Member
+3
4 years ago
I just tried adding Readability through Chrome - it worked!  Thanks again clPickett.
+3
4 years ago
I can't wait to try this out!
4 years ago
I use the "Clearly" Chrome extension. You can go to the Chrome webstore and look for it under Extensions. It reduces clutter on web pages so students only see the important information they need without the distracting adds. I use it for my students when they need to find a Science current event article. They find an article, click the Clearly chrome extension and the page they are on moves off like a slide and a new page slides in with only the article showing.
Basic Member
+3
4 years ago
Excellent dj231.  Another great resource suggestion from you.  Thanks so much!
First
Page 1 of 3
Last