Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

I-Ready

First
Page 1 of 1
Last
Basic Member
+7
5 years ago
Hi,

I am needing pros and cons of the I-Ready program. If you are using it, what do you feel is the best feature?
Basic Member
+4
5 years ago
Quote from Natalie Alexander
Hi,

I am needing pros and cons of the I-Ready program. If you are using it, what do you feel is the best feature?

My district purchased I ready for elementary schools for this year. This is the first year I have used it. I think the idea of the program is wonderful, in that lessons are tailored to individual students' needs based on their performance on benchmark and progress monitoring assessments. The program offers several reports, which provide helpful data for conferences and instruction planning. I really like the lesson resources available to teachers, including lesson plans, center ideas, videos, and printable resources for reading and math skills. 

However, I have seen that my students do not always take their "work" on the program site seriously. It is just like another computer game to them, so I have found that they will sometimes click through questions without really trying their best to demonstrate understanding of the skills. (The reports will show exactly which students rushed.) The students earn points which can unlock games, and points are only earned for mastering lessons. But, if students bomb the benchmark assessments due to lack of motivation, their lessons are very easy. The lessons won't change until the next benchmark (or until the teacher manually changes them for each student). 

I think I ready is a good resource. I hope to continue learning the best way to incorporate it into my instruction as we continue to use it.
Basic Member
+7
5 years ago
Thank you! This helps me out a lot. I love all of the animations I have seen in the trials. I guess no one program is going to be top notch. Our students guessing and not taking their time was a big problem with STAR.

Last updated: 5 years ago

Basic Member
+7
5 years ago
Quote from Tracey Pugh
Quote from Natalie Alexander
Hi,

My district purchased I ready for elementary schools for this year. This is the first year I have used it. I think the idea of the program is wonderful, in that lessons are tailored to individual students' needs based on their performance on benchmark and progress monitoring assessments. The program offers several reports, which provide helpful data for conferences and instruction planning. I really like the lesson resources available to teachers, including lesson plans, center ideas, videos, and printable resources for reading and math skills.?

However, I have seen that my students do not always take their "work" on the program site seriously. It is just like another computer game to them, so I have found that they will sometimes click through questions without really trying their best to demonstrate understanding of the skills. (The reports will show exactly which students rushed.) The students earn points which can unlock games, and points are only earned for mastering lessons. But, if students bomb the benchmark assessments due to lack of motivation, their lessons are very easy. The lessons won't change until the next benchmark (or until the teacher manually changes them for each student).?

I think I ready is a good resource. I hope to continue learning the best way to incorporate it into my instruction as we continue to use it.

We are finally getting this program into our school sysytem to use it with RTI. Thank you for the explanation. We asked them to purchase the additional resources for RTI Teachers. I am anxious to see if it helps with our regular classroom instruction since we adopted TNready as our math program.
Basic Member
+8
5 years ago
Awesome! Thank you for sharing:)
First
Page 1 of 1
Last