Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Teacher Learning Community What Do You Want?

First
Page 1 of 4
Last
+1
5 years ago
Hello All:

Give it to me!

What would you like to see in the Teacher Learning Community?

Free reign... could be a webinar topic you think we should have to some new feature or component of the site.

Anything.

What do we need?

What are we missing?

How can we help you?

Thanks for your ideas!

Michael
Basic Member
5 years ago
I think the biggest omission for me would be: How do teachers keep from going nuts with scripted curriculum like Springboard? It is mandatory that I use this curriculum, though I feel somewhat free to moving away from it when kids need reteaching of a concept. Unfortunately, I also feel constrained by trying to "keep up" with the other person who teaches 7th grade.

How do folks handle the Brave New World of assessment driven curriculum?

-Jennie

AKA Brandisher of Awesome
Basic Member
+7
5 years ago
I would appreciate a webinar day (PD in PJs) with detailed information on Career and Technical Education beyond career exploration, resume writing, and interviewing skills. Being somewhat new to CTE (was a social studies teacher for 10 years) and now an Academy Chair with emphasis on Marketing, Finance, and Culinary courses this type of training would be helpful and appreciated.
+6
5 years ago
I would like to see some lessons on student government. It would be nice to get some ideas on how people who are in charge of their schools A.S.B. programs are teaching the students about student government and also if they are using technology to make running student government easier. I am at the elementary level so this is a different animal than the middle and high schools.

I would also like help getting Simple K-12 registered as an approved provider for Washington State. At this point I am not able to use the credits I receive from the webinars for salary advancement or certificate renewal because you are not an approved provider with O.S.P.I. I have made several phone calls to the state to see if I can get this accomplished but so far have been unsuccessful.
Basic Member
+7
5 years ago
I love the community and have found a number of resources that I have been able to use, however I would like to see some teacher created lesson plans, or a webinar on how to write effective lesson plans, or different types of lesson plans that can be used.

There is wonderful PD on how to get started using the Ipad in the classroom but I would like to see and webinar with a video of teachers demonstrating how they interact with the students using the technology.

thanks!
Basic Member
+7
5 years ago
Quote from Kim Foss
I would like to see some lessons on student government. It would be nice to get some ideas on how people who are in charge of their schools A.S.B. programs are teaching the students about student government and also if they are using technology to make running student government easier. I am at the elementary level so this is a different animal than the middle and high schools.

I am a secondary teacher and ASB it a big part of our secondary schools. I would also like to see some ideas for different ways that student government works at other schools. Good suggestion!

+7
5 years ago
Hi!

In my case... All you have is more than enough! I still cannot read, watch and digest all we have here!! I hope I can do it during my summer holidays in about a month!

Thanks for all you do, give and share! Smiles from Argentina, Maria :)
Basic Member
+8
4 years ago
Quote from Michael_SK12
Hello All:

Give it to me!

What would you like to see in the Teacher Learning Community?

Free reign... could be a webinar topic you think we should have to some new feature or component of the site.

Anything.

What do we need?

What are we missing?

How can we help you?

Thanks for your ideas!

Michael

I would love to see more RTI Math ideas for elementary students.
Basic Member
+8
4 years ago
Also, I would love to see actual video ideas in place of webinars. For example, teachers actually teaching/modeling a lesson through video/
+8
4 years ago
Quote from Natalie Alexander
Also, I would love to see actual video ideas in place of webinars. For example, teachers actually teaching/modeling a lesson through video/

That is a great idea! Are you familiar with the teacher channel? https://www.teachingchannel.org/videos

You have great videos of teachers teaching students great strategies. If you haven't seen it before, I recommend it. It is free!
First
Page 1 of 4
Last