Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Google Classroom

First
Page 1 of 5
Last
Basic Member
5 years ago
Is there anyone currently using Google classroom? I have set up my classes and been given a code for my students to sign in but they are not able to do so. I believe it says the site currently only works for teachers?! Any ideas/suggestions?

Laura Shirey
Basic Member
+2
5 years ago
I am using it. Your administrator may have to turn on the service in the control panel. That is what I did with ours. You have to set Classroom to "On for Everyone" in order for everyone to access the system.
Basic Member
+9
5 years ago
Quote from iPadEdTech
I am using it. Your administrator may have to turn on the service in the control panel. That is what I did with ours. You have to set Classroom to "On for Everyone" in order for everyone to access the system.

Sounds great. Keep us posted about its use, please. Thanks. :)
+7
5 years ago
Do you know how to become a Google Certified Teacher?
Basic Member
+2
5 years ago
I just came across it today.

In "Shared Resources" there is a Google Teaching Academy module that you can view. It will get you to the website.

Resource Type: Professional Development

Subject: Other

Grade Level: All

Contributor: Amanda Foxwell ( 2 more contributions from this member )

Date Shared: Friday, August 02, 2013

Tags: Certified, Google, ProfessionalDevelopment
Basic Member
5 years ago
I researched it last weekend. There are several steps. Here's the link:

http://www.google.com/edu/training/certifications/

Basic Member
5 years ago
We're using it at our school with students. What questions do you have?
+7
5 years ago
Quote from Andria Munsch
I just came across it today.

In "Shared Resources" there is a Google Teaching Academy module that you can view. It will get you to the website.

Resource Type: Professional Development

Subject: Other

Grade Level: All

Contributor: Amanda Foxwell ( 2 more contributions from this member )

Date Shared: Friday, August 02, 2013

Tags: Certified, Google, ProfessionalDevelopment

Thank so much for adding this in the resources. I knew somebody can help here.
+7
5 years ago
Quote from MissyJacksonMO
I researched it last weekend. There are several steps. Here's the link:

http://www.google.com/edu/training/certifications/

Missy, thank you so much for adding the link. I appreciate it!
Basic Member
5 years ago
How is it going with the teachers and students using Google classroom? I posted an assignment and made the due date Sept. 26th and it was not showing up on my upcoming assignments and students could not see it. I changed the date to the next day and it appeared. Someone else said there were glitches on the desktop computer and recommended I use a Chromebook. I really just want to know if Google classroom is worth pursuing or if I should be looking into a different avenue for trying to go paperless and having students create projects and submitting them without using jump drives or emailing them to me...
First
Page 1 of 5
Last