Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Traveling Teacher- HELP!

First
Page 1 of 2
Last
Basic Member
+8
5 years ago
Hey all! I'm a traveling teacher this year (I teach gifted ed), which means I am in a different classroom EVERY SINGLE PERIOD. What are your suggestions for things like seating charts, etc. when I'm really just a guest in the room? Thanks!
+8
5 years ago
Quote from Glockstar
Hey all! I'm a traveling teacher this year (I teach gifted ed), which means I am in a different classroom EVERY SINGLE PERIOD. What are your suggestions for things like seating charts, etc. when I'm really just a guest in the room? Thanks!

I have been doing this for the past two years. You need to have color code your grades and have your schedule at all times. That was the hardest thing to do when I was visiting almost 9 classes. Have a table in the back of each class so that you can work with the students that you need to serve. Have an iPad or laptop very helpful.
Basic Member
+8
5 years ago
Thanks! Appreciate the tips!!! :)
+10
5 years ago
I had a card and organized it with some hanging wall organizers on the side of the cart. And on the front I attached a white board. It was a life saver...

+10
5 years ago
I used powerpoint to create my seating chart. I based it on their room arrangement and if I needed something different I would talk with them about some possibilities that worked for us both..

+8
5 years ago
Quote from Mrs Hauff
I had a card and organized it with some hanging wall organizers on the side of the cart. And on the front I attached a white board. It was a life saver...

That is a good idea! I like the whiteboard.
+8
5 years ago
Quote from Mrs Hauff
I used powerpoint to create my seating chart. I based it on their room arrangement and if I needed something different I would talk with them about some possibilities that worked for us both..

I used powerpoint and active inspire on my computer so that I can work with small group while the teacher is working with whole group.

Mariel
Basic Member
+8
5 years ago
I have considered rolling around a cart!! It seems like it may be the most logical option to get all of my materials from class to class.
+6
5 years ago
Quote from Glockstar
I have considered rolling around a cart!! It seems like it may be the most logical option to get all of my materials from class to class.

When I travelled, I used a cart (science on a cart). I found that a cart with 2 to 3 shelves is helpful in organizing class materials.
Basic Member
+8
5 years ago
I used a rolling cart when I traveled, too. I also had one of those plastic file crates so that I could file plans, papers, etc. by group/class. I never had to go straight through, so I would have a couple of those crates and switch out. A small plastic box of basic supplies I used was also useful.
First
Page 1 of 2
Last