Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Apps

First
Page 1 of 10
Last
+3
5 years ago
I teach fifth grade and would love to know your "Must Have" apps (in all subject areas) - you know, the ones that you just cannot live without in your classroom. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Basic Member
+6
5 years ago
Let me start by saying that this is an app that must be purchased, I believe it is $.99, but it is a must for me. The app is called Book Retriever. This app is your classroom library tracking system. Using the app, you use the bar codes on the books to scan them into your library, enter your students' names, and then simply scan the bar codes to check them out and in! You can also manually enter ISBN numbers for the books that don't have bar codes. It took be a bit of time to get all of my hundreds of books entered into the app, but I am so glad I did!
Basic Member
5 years ago
A lot of the reviews are not good and say that they have problems with the books. Are you having that problem with the app? Or did the last update get it all fixed?
Basic Member
5 years ago
Quote from Shari Shunk
Let me start by saying that this is an app that must be purchased, I believe it is $.99, but it is a must for me. The app is called Book Retriever. This app is your classroom library tracking system. Using the app, you use the bar codes on the books to scan them into your library, enter your students' names, and then simply scan the bar codes to check them out and in! You can also manually enter ISBN numbers for the books that don't have bar codes. It took be a bit of time to get all of my hundreds of books entered into the app, but I am so glad I did!

A lot of the reviews are not good and say that they have problems with the books. Are you having that problem with the app? Or did the last update get it all fixed?

Basic Member
+6
5 years ago
That app sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.
+3
5 years ago
Thank you so much! This sounds like an incredible app. What an easy way to maintain your class library while continually "checking them out" to your students! I really appreciate you sharing this app - most definitely a "must have"!
Basic Member
+8
5 years ago
I use a similar program called BookSource Classroom Organizer. It is web-based so it can be accessed on any online device for students to check out and return books, but also has a free app which made it easy to scan bar codes or manually enter book titles to create a classroom library. When you create a free account, you will create a "classroom" password for students to use to as well as a teacher password to manage/edit your account. It works really well. I have already shared the site in resources but here is the link in case you are interested in checking it out. http://classroom.booksource.com/account/bsregister.aspx
Basic Member
5 years ago
Wow I like the thought of keeping better track of my books in the future.
+2
5 years ago
And I have been manually typing up my books. Thanks for the resource. I can't wait to try it!
Basic Member
+3
5 years ago
I'm glad you have experience with this app. I downloaded it last week during our tech class. I'm excited about using it. It should be a great tool to use and easy for the kids since you used it last year. They will probably be able to teach me.
First
Page 1 of 10
Last