Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

PLN - forums on SimpleK12

First
Page 1 of 3
Last
Basic Member
7 years ago
I am new to SimpleK12 and am really enjoying everything about it! I am finding it hard to keep up with the forum section of the site, though. There is just so much information that I get overwhelmed easily. I want to read everything but simply cannot.

I was wondering if this was true for other users utilizing this site (and similar ones) and how you manage it?

Thanks!
Basic Member
+7
7 years ago
Quote from Christine McElwee
I am new to SimpleK12 and am really enjoying everything about it! I am finding it hard to keep up with the forum section of the site, though. There is just so much information that I get overwhelmed easily. I want to read everything but simply cannot.

I was wondering if this was true for other users utilizing this site (and similar ones) and how you manage it?

Thanks!

Don't worry about keeping up all at once, do the best you can! I love this site and at times, I still feel overwhelmed! I hit the things that will be the biggest help to me first, then go on from there. I do get through all then. It is a fun site and you will learn so much here!
Basic Member
+9
7 years ago
Quote from CathyBode

Thanks!

Don't worry about keeping up all at once, do the best you can! I love this site and at times, I still feel overwhelmed! I hit the things that will be the biggest help to me first, then go on from there. I do get through all then. It is a fun site and you will learn so much here!

I agree with CathyBode. The site has depth and wealth. The great thing is that you are in control. Attend to what is comfortable and best for you. Just enjoy yourself!:)

Last updated: 7 years ago

Basic Member
+7
7 years ago
I'm a fairly new member here and have to admit that I haven't spent nearly as much time in the forums as I have in the resources, webinars, etc. Like you, I became overwhelmed trying to read through everything. Some of the threads are more difficult to get through because sometime things post oddly. Other times it's a thread with several pages but mostly "thank you" or "I agree" type of posts. And sometimes someone will quote a previous post but put their answer inside the previous post, and I have a hard time finding it. So I tend to get bogged down sometimes, which is my own fault. I've spent more time here the last few days and am glad I did sice I found some really great ideas and resources. It just seems to take a bit longer than searching the other sections.
+7
7 years ago

Dear Jimmie,

I agree with you. I think we need to give more insights to our response. Also, it is very difficult when someone answer to the same post several times with I agree or Thanks. It makes it difficult to read. I think we need to have more deep answer post in order for all of us to grow. If we are giving thanks maybe give another similar website or insight of what you experience with the app or webpage. Sometimes, I have been guilty of saying just thank you because the apps or webpage is so cool! If all of us deeply response, our forums will be more rich and all of us will grow. I really enjoy your thoughts about this.

Now about responding with a threat, it is better because you know who the person is replying. I only wish that when I am replying to you, you should receive a notification like Facebook. Maybe, this is something that Simple k12 can add. Great thoughts!

+7
7 years ago

Thanks!

Hello dear Christine! It's a pleasure to read your post and I agree with it! It's very difficult to keep up with all the posts in the fórum though... you will get used to it.

Relax and enjoy!! Tons of smiles from Argentina, Maria :)

+7
7 years ago

You are right Maria, but we all can try to make the post easier to read. Just a thank you or I agree for each person it makes it very difficult. I think we can have a few post together to make it simple to read. I missed so much simple k12 in the last weeks. I have a few minutes and I wanted to know what is going on. I missed a lot of great conversation, great apps, and great free web tool.

Maria, I will be going to Buenos Aires in two weeks. When are you going? It will be incredible to meet each other. How far will I be from Buenos Aires to Cordoba?
+7
7 years ago
Quote from Mariel Gomez de la Torre

Dear Jimmie,

I agree with you. I think we need to give more insights to our response. Also, it is very difficult when someone answer to the same post several times with I agree or Thanks. It makes it difficult to read. I think we need to have more deep answer post in order for all of us to grow. If we are giving thanks maybe give another similar website or insight of what you experience with the app or webpage. Sometimes, I have been guilty of saying just thank you because the apps or webpage is so cool! If all of us deeply response, our forums will be more rich and all of us will grow. I really enjoy your thoughts about this.

Now about responding with a threat, it is better because you know who the person is replying. I only wish that when I am replying to you, you should receive a notification like Facebook. Maybe, this is something that Simple k12 can add. Great thoughts!

Dear Mariel and Jimmie,

It's very nice and interesting to read your posts. I agree with Mariel that just writing "thanking posts" doesn't contribute much to the depth of the fórum. The idea is to contribute with ideas and responses that help us.

I also agree with the idea of getting a notification when someone replies to you. I've been absent for a week and when I logged in again in SK12, I found almost 260 posts which is impossible to read and to follow because some of them were just "thanking notes".

Let's hope all these comments make us think about how to respond deeply.

Smiles from Argentina, Maria :)

+7
7 years ago
Dear Maria,

That is the best answer Maria. We have to work on having more deeply answer and I understand that sometimes you get excited to open a page and discovery a great resource and just want to thank the person that post it. Let's try to have a more substantial conversation to make it easier to read. I hope Simple k12 add a feature where we receive the notification in our inbox or mail someone has replied to our thread or include us in a thread that they want us to participate.

Mariel

+4
7 years ago
I agree that it can be very overwhelming. I would like to see the "recent posts" offer a more threaded appearance that would show the forums that have been trending the most. Then, you wouldn't need to scan through all of the recent posts to see what has been commented on.
First
Page 1 of 3
Last