Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Why mobile learning is inevitable

First
Page 1 of 3
Last
+7
7 years ago
Hi!

I have just read this wonderful article and I truly agree with it. Mobile learning is increasing day by day at fast speed! New devices are in the market and companies are doing their best to attract customers of all ages.

Smiles, Maria :)

Last updated: 7 years ago

Basic Member
+3
7 years ago
Quote from Maria Bossa
Hi!

I have just read this wonderful article and I truly agree with it. Mobile learning is increasing day by day at fast speed! New devices are in the market and companies are doing their best to attract customers of all ages.

We are a technology world. We need smartphones and apps like we need water and air. I totally agree with mobile learning connecting all ages. Mobile learning is differentiated instruction through technology.

+7
7 years ago
Hi!

Though I agree with you with "we are in a tech world", I also have to disagree because not all the students (and even teachers) have access to that technology. I'm in a small city in Argentina, and some students live in rural areas where they don't have access to internet and their parents cannot even afford to buy those devices.

So... sometimes what it is normal or common for some, it's completely impossible for others no matter if "that" is everywhere.

Thanks for your reply, smiles, Maria :)
Basic Member
+9
7 years ago
i read through the presentation and i agree with the general premise that there is an increase in mobile use. however, i saw a presentation on this very topic at the AECT convention. i would like to know who uses what type of mobile device for what purpose. we discussed that people use different devices for different reasons and also dependent on where they get the information. i would be curious to see the use of the different mobile devices and that kind of growth.
Basic Member
+4
7 years ago
The fact of the matter is students of today are bored, disinterested and living in a digital world outside of the classroom only to enter the classroom and not have that reality represented. I am totally on board with flipping the classroom and allowing the students to take back their schools. I get excited just thinking about the possibilities and the possibilities are limitless!!!!!
+7
7 years ago
Hi!!

Totally agree!! How can we motivate students when they are immerse in a different world? I do my best but sometimes I wish I were a magician to have a fairy stick and do wonderful things to make them happier and more motivated!

Basic Member
+7
6 years ago
Quote from Maria Bossa
Hi!

We are definitely headed towards this, but it will be interesting to see how school districts with policies in place to prevent cell phone usage in schools and other BYOT devices modify their policies to account for advancements such as these.

+7
6 years ago
Quote from Matt Marino
Quote from Maria Bossa
Hi!

We are definitely headed towards this, but it will be interesting to see how school districts with policies in place to prevent cell phone usage in schools and other BYOT devices modify their policies to account for advancements such as these.

Thanks for your reply, Matt! Smiles, Maria :)

Basic Member
+9
6 years ago
Quote from Maria Bossa
Hi!

Mobile learning is truly inevitable. Just look at the toddlers who delve into mobile learning. Remarkable. Incredible. Fantastic.... the list goes on. Global connection is the buzz of the century. :)
Basic Member
+9
6 years ago
Thanks for the link about mobile learning, Maria. :)
First
Page 1 of 3
Last