Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Exit Tickets

First
Page 1 of 14
Last
Basic Member
+10
6 years ago
Hi

I saw the "i can statement" resources and I have started to check them out. Does anyone have ideas for exit tickets?

My classroom contains, 1 Kinder, 1 first grader, 1 second grader and 7 third graders, all of whom have moderate educational disabilities.

Michelle
Basic Member
+10
6 years ago
Post it notes. Each child writes, or draws something related to a prompt, question, or topic that you learned about that day. As they leave they get to stick it on the door or the window. The kids love it and you get a nice summary of what stuck and what didn't with the children that day.
+8
6 years ago
I also like to give them, three things I learned.... two connections I made.... One idea I will try right away.....

This is another idea for tickets out the door.

Basic Member
+3
6 years ago
I keep easel paper on or near the classroom door. The paper has the title: I Learned/I Think/I Wonder. Depending on the directive of the day, my students use post-it notes to answer the Essential Question, to express an opinion, and/or to pose a question. They include their name to receive class participation credit.
Basic Member
+6
6 years ago
Quote from vcasarett
I keep easel paper on or near the classroom door. The paper has the title: I Learned/I Think/I Wonder. Depending on the directive of the day, my students use post-it notes to answer the Essential Question, to express an opinion, and/or to pose a question. They include their name to receive class participation credit.

Do you grade these and hand them back? I know you give them credit for participation. I like the idea of the exit tickets. Thanks so much.
+8
6 years ago
I just learned a new strategy as a ticket out the door. One question with multiple choice at the end of the lesson as a ticket out the door. Students are eager to know the results for you it is very easy to grade.

Basic Member
+3
6 years ago
Quote from AZFunTeacher
Quote from vcasarett

Do you grade these and hand them back? I know you give them credit for participation. I like the idea of the exit tickets. Thanks so much.

These particular Exit Tickets are designed primarily to give me feedback and inform instruction. As all of my students this year are beginning and intermediate ELLs, I want the students to feel free to communicate with me to the best of their ability without fear of grading on the feedback.

Another option for Exit Tickets could be a multiple-choice, cloze, or open-ended short answer based on the content covered. That could include grading and/or participation credit.

Any students absent that day are exempted from the ticket.
Basic Member
+6
6 years ago
Quote from vcasarett
Quote from AZFunTeacher
Quote from vcasarett

These particular Exit Tickets are designed primarily to give me feedback and inform instruction. As all of my students this year are beginning and intermediate ELLs, I want the students to feel free to communicate with me to the best of their ability without fear of grading on the feedback.

Another option for Exit Tickets could be a multiple-choice, cloze, or open-ended short answer based on the content covered. That could include grading and/or participation credit.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Any students absent that day are exempted from the ticket.

Basic Member
+6
6 years ago
Quote from Mariel Gomez de la Torre
I just learned a new strategy as a ticket out the door. One question with multiple choice at the end of the lesson as a ticket out the door. Students are eager to know the results for you it is very easy to grade.

Perfect! Thanks, Mariel.
Basic Member
+10
6 years ago
Do any of youse checklists? I saw this site where they use an easel like someone suggested, but they post pictures on a checklist so the kids can "read" them easily. Have any of you tried something simile ear?
First
Page 1 of 14
Last