Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

How to Avoid the Top Five Time Wasters in Your Classroom

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you ever feel like you never get as much done in your class as you had planned to do? Do you find yourself wondering where the time went? This webinar will help you deal with some of the top time wasters in your classroom so that you can stay on track. In this webinar, join Darren Barkett as he covers how to deal with students who are chronically tardy, students who fail to turn things in on time, and students who repeatedly forget to put names on papers. He will also address how to handle excessive bathroom breaks, as well as how to avoid arguing with your students. Come learn how to get started teaching on time and how to plan your lessons to run the last minute!

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, May 19, 2016 @ 5:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Organizational & Time-saving Tools, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: classroom management, DOL627, Organizational and Time-saving Tools, Response to Intervention (RTI), student management, time management

Reviews (101)

Very good. I found this to be a rather condensed version of his webinar Dont Just Survive-Thrive!
takes half as long to view and worth half the credits. Thank you!

Some great tips and tools! There is nothing worse than wasting time day after day, dealing with the same common behaviors. Thanks!

Just what I needed at the beginning of 3rd quarter and new students. Similar to my system in the art room.

Starts on day one! Great reminders and tips to manage a classroom full of "potential" time wasters.
+5

Such an important topic

Consistency is stressed in becoming proficient in classroom management.

This was a great informational webinar that I agree with totally. I have been teaching for a number of years and find the most effective management begins the first day. Also reading the information provided in records from past classroom experiences. Understanding the individual student behaviors as well as motivators, triggers and such are a great help. This is a very understandable approach to an increasing issue.

I agree that consistency is difficult part of any classroom management. Your system is straightforward and simple to understand. Thanks!

Good ideas that I can begin to use right away. It might help with several difficult students I have this year. Thank you.

Some helpful guidelines for classroom management.
more reviews ...