Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using Blogs with Language Learners

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Language learners need opportunities outside of class to take part in various tasks that will let them apply and practice the language skills they are learning. Various free online blogs are geared towards getting language learners to improve their speaking, listening, writing, reading, and grammar skills. Learners can subscribe to these blogs and receive updated tasks weekly. Join Shelly Terrell as she introduces teachers to several language-learning blogs and suggests activities that teachers can use to encourage the outside practice of English language skills.

SPONSOR: This webinar is brought to you by American College of Education. To learn more about strengthening your skills in content and language integrated learning, please visit

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: ESL/ELL, Response to Intervention (RTI), Virtual Learning
Tags: blogging, blogs, DOL717, ELL English Language Learners, ESL, ESOL, language skills, Response to Intervention, RTI, virtual learning

Reviews (14)

Thank you for giving so many helpful resources.
Basic Member
great info.
Super webinar!
Basic Member
LOTS of information- really appreciate it.
Basic Member
Thank you Shelly for an informatve and helpful blogging with language learners presentation.

Basic Member
Great webinar!
Thank you for a great webinar. The information was delivered in a helpful way.
Very impressive information! Thank you!
My language learners love learning using digital devices. Blogging is one of the ways of communication we shall practice. Thank you for this valuable informations so I may feel more at ease when working with them. By the way, I ate lunch with some ESL students and their family earlier today. Blogging was one of the topics we chatted about. Need you to know, though, that I will share the blogging experience with all students, not just the language learners. I am absolutely excited about this!
Basic Member
Great ideas and very informative.
more reviews ...