Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using Online Games with Language Learners

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Games can be extremely motivating and many learners already spend hours a week playing them. Imagine if language learners played games to practice their English skills? Free online games help language learners apply the language they learn in class within various contexts. These games motivate learners to interact in English by following a variety of reading tasks, walk-throughs, and more. They will often include speaking to other learners worldwide and have them listen to English. In this presentation, join Shelly Terrell as she shares some of these online games and suggests activities that teachers can use to encourage the outside practice of English language skills.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, February 25, 2016 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: ESL/ELL, Game-based Learning , Response to Intervention (RTI), Virtual Learning
Tags: 589, DOL717, ELL English Language Learners, ESL, ESOL, language skills, online games, Response to Intervention, RTI, virtual learning

Reviews (26)

I was taking notes like crazy! Great visuals to accompany some great suggestions to access online.
+3

Great shared resources. I also like that you shared your website as another way to find the resources shared.

Great games to promote learning.

Games always get the students attention. Thank you!

I will definitely incorporate ideas and game suggestions from this site. I could only hear her voice the screen was black during the entire presentation

Thank you for all of the links and great resources.

Thanks for all the website links. I also appreciate the ideas on how to verify that the children do indeed visit the sites if used for homework. Thanks! Maureen

I like the idea that the games are goal-oriented and teacher controlled but still allow the students to enjoy game playing. Good presentation and some super resources to look at especially Wordia and digitalplay.info/blog
Basic Member
+5

Thanks for the wonderful resources. You have given me so many wonderful ideas.
+4

Another great webinar!
more reviews ...