Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Implementing UDL in the Special Needs Classroom with iPad Apps

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is a set of principles for curriculum development that give all individuals equal opportunities to learn. Rather than a single, one-size-fits-all solution, UDL calls for flexible approaches that can be customized and adjusted for individual needs. In this session, join Dr. Luis Perez as he shares how you can implement the key UDL principles (multiple means of representation, action and expression, and engagement) with the help of the built-in accessibility features of the iPad and the complimentary apps for text to speech, speech recognition, and more. He will also cover a number of UDL supports built into the iBooks app, as these supports can benefit struggling readers and other diverse learners.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Saturday, September 20, 2014 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning, Special Education
Tags: DOL619, iBooks, iPad apps, iPads and Mobile Learning, special needs, speech recognition, text to speech, UDL, Universal Design for Learning

Reviews (11)

Very useful information that I will be able to implement with the special needs students I work with.
+7

Great presentation!
+3

4 bunny slippers. Dr. Perez explains and demonstrates how technology can allow for all students to have a voice. It allows for creativity when demonstrating knowledge in the classroom. Well done.

Useful and very informative!
+8

Helpful!!
Basic Member
+1

This was very informational. I would like to find more apps that are free to help my students make books.
+10

Very useful information for me. I will also share this learning with my colleagues. Much appreciation for this webinar!
+8

I love his presentation. I always have so much to take with me. I am looking forward to learn from him. Thank you for sharing with us.
+10

I really like Dr. Perez's presentations. He provides great, insightful and useful information that I can use the next day! Nice Job!
Basic Member

Great presentation and very useful in the classroom.
more reviews ...