Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using Virtual Field Trips in Your Flipped or Blended Classroom

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

We all know that field trips can be incredible educational experiences for students, particularly those students with limited backgrounds. However, because of cost and logistics, field trips aren't always feasible. Virtual field trips can provide these valuable learning experiences without the expense, and have the added bonus of working well in flipped and blended classrooms. Join Jayme Linton as she explains how to create a virtual field trip experience for your students. She will explore a variety of resources for designing virtual field trips that will engage students and encourage exploration. Jayme will also share a number of ideas for virtual field trips for a variety of disciplines and discuss how you can use them in either a flipped or blended classroom. No permission forms or bag lunches required!

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, June 2, 2016 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Blended Learning, Virtual Learning
Tags: 589, Blended Learning, DOL611, online field trips, virtual field trips, Virtual Learning

Reviews (76)

Thanks for sharing your great resources. Will use with my class for sure :)
Great presentation and thanks for all the resources that you have shared with us.
Virtual field trips have been around a long time. I'm glad to hear about so many more resources available in this webinar to include video, text, photos, etc. This webinar also gives different models to use virtual field trips to bring the world to your students.
We have been looking for virtual field trip ideas! Great ideas! Thank you!
Thank you!
This is a great carrot. I love the opportunity to expand my curriculum without You Tube :)
Just the idea of telling some of my challenged learners that they are going on a field trip is a motivator itself. Some awesome information and terrific resources to look into.
I listened to this webinar through the app "Resource of the Day" this morning, but it still doesn't show a certificate of completion. Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your presentation and appreciate you sharing.
Great VFT ideas for elementary students. Thanks for sharing so many possibilities.
I really enjoyed learning more about virtual field trips and how to use them in your classroom. This was a great presentation and Jayme provided terrific resources!
more reviews ...