Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Making a Difference for Our Most Struggling Readers, Part 2

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you looking for ways to effectively implement Response to Intervention (RTI)? Technology can remove the obstacles to learning and change the lives of struggling readers. In this two-part series, Heather Baptie and Terry Dobson will explore how to use both instructional and assistive technology to differentiate learning and support our most discouraged learners within an RTI framework. They will share a variety of tips, tools, and resources that can be used at home and at school to build confidence and improve achievement.

Part 2 of this 2-part series will look at alternative ways for struggling readers to access and share information.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Monday, May 20, 2013 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Differentiated Learning, Reading & Writing, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: assistive technology, Classroom Management, Differentiated Learning, reading, Response, Response to Intervention (RTI), RTI, struggling readers, Web Tool Overviews

Reviews (24)

Lots of ideas for struggling readers.

Good resources for older students.

You gave a lot of great resources. Thanks!

Lots to absorb! Thanks!

This is a good webinar for older students who are looking for alternative ways to access material and/or “show what they know”. Many resources are provided.

I enjoyed the list of the numerous suggested Apps and websites to help with reading, comprehension, and spelling. I can not wait to look further into which ones to use in my instruction or for my own children at home.

More great resources for me to investigate! Thanks so much!
Basic Member

Great suggestions for the struggling high school reader.
Basic Member
+2

Awesome ideas and resources!
Basic Member

Oh wow! I am on overload and have a lot to learn and investigate. Thank you so much for all your sharing.
more reviews ...