Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Explore Cyberbullying: Strategies for Identifying and Dealing with Cyberbullies

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Face-to-face bullying can make anyone's life miserable, but victims of "good old-fashioned" bullies can often physically remove themselves from the situation. Targets of cyberbullies, on the other hand, typically face a steady stream of harassment via cell phones, the Internet, and other forms of electronic communication. As a result, even home is no longer a safe haven for victims. So how can parents and educators help victims of cyberbullying? Join Susan Brooks-Young as she covers strategies and tips that educators, parents, and students can use to identify and deal with cyberbullying.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, July 14, 2016 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Response to Intervention (RTI), School Safety
Tags: anti-bullying strategies, bullies, bully, bullying, cyberbullying, school safety, victims

Reviews (22)

This presentation was well done. The distinction between bullying and harassment was especially helpful.

This was very helpful and informative. It is information that I would like to share with my parents and fellow teachers.

Excellent down-to-earth information on a terrible subject. I learned a new term: disinhibition.

Good information

Good insight

Learned some important new terms. Thank you.

Learned some new terms and information. Thanks!
+2

Another great webinar. All of her videos should be viewed because of the information about bullying. Very informative
+10

"Disinhibition" is a new term for me. I enjoyed the closing remarks of this webinar. Thanks a lot!
+7

Great information. Thank you for the webinar.
more reviews ...