Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Content and Language Integrated Learning: Blend Language Learning with Science

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

English language learners often struggle with the technical language in science texts. Through the practice of Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), learners simultaneously learn science and study content. In this webinar, join Shelly Terrell as she shows you how to teach science with various instructional methods to help language learners. These include videos, websites, and multimedia tools that help language learners visualize theories and important principles.

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, March 10, 2016 @ 5:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: ESL/ELL, Learning Theories & Strategies, Reading & Writing, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: CLIL, content integration, Dol507, ELL, English language learners, ESL, ESOL, science

Reviews (15)

Great webinar. Everything presented could be used in the non-ELL classroom or slightly modified and then used. Looking forward to trying some of this out in my classes.
Basic Member
Great! Thank You!
Awesome resources! I have many ESL students that will benefit.
Thank you!
Great ideas for RTI and ESL.
Thank you for the resources!
I am excited about trying some of these resources with my students
Great resources to try with all of my students! Thank you for providing some project ideas!
Basic Member
Great resources. I have enjoyed the last 3 webinars of Shelly's.
Basic Member
Lots of useful information!
more reviews ...