Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Content and Language Integrated Learning: Blend Language Learning with Language Arts

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

English language learners often struggle with reading novels, evaluating poetry, and understanding the archaic English in classic texts. Through the practice of Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), learners simultaneously learn English and study content. In this webinar, join Shelly Terrell as she shows you how to teach language arts with various instructional methods to help language learners. These include videos, websites, and multimedia tools that help language learners visualize what they are reading.

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 @ 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: ESL/ELL, Learning Theories & Strategies, Reading & Writing, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: CLIL, content integration, Dol507, ELL, English language learners, ESL, ESOL, language arts

Reviews (15)

Excellent information. There were many resources I would like to explore such as Fresh Education and Rewordify.
Love all the resources that were given. I can't wait to try them out with my students in the fall.
Fabulous resources! Thank you!
Thank you.
Thank you, a lot of great resources!
Basic Member
Thank you, Shelly, for some valuable resources.
Thank you for a great webinar!
Outstanding webinar!
Great info. I am excited about sharing this with colleagues. Thank you!
Excellent webinar! I can wait to share it with my teachers at my school.
more reviews ...