Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Content and Language Integrated Learning: Blend Language Learning with History

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

English language learners often struggle with reading history texts and understanding the wording in policies and laws that surround history. Through the practice of Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), learners simultaneously learn history and English. In this webinar, join Shelly Terrell as she shows you how to teach history with various instructional methods to help language learners. These include videos, websites, and multimedia tools that help language learners visualize historical events.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: ESL/ELL, Learning Theories & Strategies, Reading & Writing, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: CLIL, content integration, Dol507, ELL, English language learners, ESL, ESOL, history

Reviews (12)

Thanks! Great resources.
Basic Member

Thank you for some good resources and a few reminders about helping ELLs.
Basic Member

Very informative
Basic Member

great suggestions
Basic Member
+3

I've always loved the Scholastic resources for history, as well. I liked the other resources, too!
Basic Member
+2

So many good ideas and resources. Thanks so much Shelly!
Basic Member

Good ideas that can be used by many language learners- not just ELL.

I got lots of ideas. Thanks!
+10

Thank you!
+10

Am excited to share this information with my students. They, like me, enjoy animation so much. Thank you.
more reviews ...