Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Content and Language Integrated Learning: Blend Language Learning with Math

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

English language learners often struggle with understanding the language in math word problems and the explanations behind the concepts. Teachers struggle with teaching their learners English and math. Many teachers worldwide have found a solution through the practice of Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL). In this webinar, join Shelly Terrell as she shows you how to teach math with various instructional methods to help language learners. This means that learners simultaneously learn math and English. These include activities to help language learners comprehend math problems and vocabulary.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: ESL/ELL, Learning Theories & Strategies, Reading & Writing, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: CLIL, content integration, Dol507, ELL, English language learners, ESL, ESOL, math

Reviews (24)

http://www.bitstripsforschools.com/ seems to be closed down. I really wanted the comic strip idea to use.
Basic Member
+4

Excellent webinar! Great tips and resources!

I enjoyed this webinar, I teach math, English, Robotics and Home Ec-I try to bring math & writing into all areas. Got some great ideas!

Really liked the resources. Pikochart is very interesting. Thank you.

Great webinar. Thanks for sharing all of your ideas and resources. I plan on using more field research and comics for word problems in future lessons!

Thanks for sharing all the data for the websites.

Thanks for the information and links.

Thanks for the information.
Basic Member

Great! Thanks so much!
+2

Lots of great information - thank you so much!
more reviews ...