Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

School Safety and Crisis Management: Planning and Training for an Emergency,
Part 2

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Does your school or district have an effective plan in the event of a school crisis, and if so, has the staff been well-trained in how to respond and implement that plan in the event of an emergency? Often the right planning and training can make a substantial difference in the outcome of a situation. In part two of this two-part series, join Brent Maguire as he discusses the importance of training staff on school security and emergency planning issues.

As part of this discussion, Brent will share how to create and test effective evacuation, lockdown, and other school safety drills. He will also cover the importance of reviewing any existing school crisis plans and emergency guidelines, along with what you need to consider when you review them.

Part 2 of a 2-part series

Presented by Brent Maguire,
Safety Consultant and Former Police Detective and DARE Officer

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, School Safety, Workplace
Tags: crisis management, crisis planning, emergency planning, emergency training, evactuaions, lockdowns, safety drills, school crisis teams, school safety, school security, student safety

Reviews (8)

Excellent series of presentations! Thanks for your insight!
Once again, thanks Brent...good two-part webinar...worthwhile especially for administrators who need to create/review their school safety plan
Great webinar. Valuable information to share. Thank you.
Very informative webinar. Good information for any school district.
Great information. I feel great that my county is planning for well for the safety of the children and staff.
Great webinar!
Great Webinar!
Basic Member
I enjoyed this Webinar, and found it more useful to me than the first. There were some very specific suggestions. One of the things that I will implement immediately that I can do without pulling in the whole school is not just having a class roster but also having parent contact numbers immediately. This would allow me to contact parents without entering areas that may be in danger or inaccessible.
more reviews ...