Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Crisis Management: Communicating and Staying Connected to Staff, Parents, and Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Communicating and staying connected during a crisis - whether it is a natural disaster or man-made - is critical for 21st century school leaders. Leveraging the power of technology, specifically social media, mobile devices, and Web-based tools, enables all school stakeholders to stay informed before, during, and after an emergency. Other tools enable school staff to communicate with outside agencies during a time of crisis when school is in session.

Effective communication not only keeps students and staff safer, but can also help decrease response times, reduce ambiguity, and lessen stress. Join Brad Currie as he discusses various Web-based tools and technologies that can assist schools with becoming more transparent and efficient during crisis.

Presented by Brad Currie

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Monday, July 29, 2013 @ 5:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Communication & Collaboration, Counseling, School Safety, Workplace
Tags: administrator resources, communication, disaster planning, Dol417, parent communication, safety, storms

Reviews (10)

Thanks Brad. Very good information shared with us.
+2

Great ideas on keeping all stakeholders informed. Thanks!

Great Webinar! Thanks!
+2

Thanks.
Basic Member
+2

Great info. Thanks for sharing!
+10

Great info!
+10

I had training about the use of Remind 101 introduction but most since then learned that consistent communication and feedback from parents is still lacking. I will keep trying new means to end or decrease this crisis.
Thanks for your tips.
+8

I will explore celly. I have heard before remind 101, now I will start using it. Thanks.
+1

Tons of great ways to communicate with others in case of a crisis. Great webinar, lots of useful information!!
+8

Excellent and very informative presentation.
more reviews ...