Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Historical Fiction Read Alouds: Bring American History to Life

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you looking for read aloud books that will bring American History to life for your elementary or middle school students? Join Monica Burns as she shares an annotated list of books she has used in her classroom to help her students learn about important events and people in American History. These texts are perfect for teachers looking for content area books to use for literacy instruction, or for teachers in a Social Studies classroom looking to excite their students with historical fiction picture books. Monica will also explore lesson ideas and tips that help bring these texts to life for your students.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Reading & Writing
Tags: books, elementary, History, literacy, middle school, Reading, Social Studies

Reviews (30)

Thank you for the great list of books. Can't wait to read and use some of these in class. Will definitely pass the list along to other teachers.

There are so many books that I can use to bring in SS into reading.

Great list of books to use to integrate SS into reading!
Basic Member
+6

Thanks for all the great book suggestions.
+3

Very interesting webinar! Thanks so much.
+2

Excellent webinar. Monica Burns and Simplek12 present another good session. This one introduces several books appropriate across many platforms. Good job guys:-)
Basic Member
+2

Love Monica's webinars! Great selection of books and explanation of their contents. Thanks so much!
Basic Member
+3

I have most of these books in my library. Henry's Freedom Box is a favorite!
+4

Loved the suggestions for read alouds in this webinar. Thanks!
+8

Thanks!
more reviews ...