Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

What the Common Core ELA Standards Mean for Teachers and Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

The reading and writing standards and objectives in the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for English Language Arts will undoubtedly mean changes for many English Language Arts classrooms, but do you know what those changes might be and what they mean for classrooms? How should teachers teach reading and writing? What should students focus on as readers and writers? Join Jayme Linton as she focuses on issues that are central to the CCSS for English Language Arts and their implications for classroom practice. Come discover ways that you can help meet these challenges.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 @ 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Common Core, Reading & Writing
Tags: ccss, common core standards, Dol219, ELA, English, Language Arts, literacy, reading, writing

Reviews (9)

Some good information regarding more effective teaching of the common core.
Basic Member

Great Webinar!
Basic Member

A good overview of the basic core standards. I was taught this way when I attended high school in the 70's. I am so glad as an English teacher that we are returning to more rigorous standards in classrooms. I hope this presenter continues to develop more information for CCSS

Great overview of Common Core for ELA! You make teaching using CC seem so easy.
+10

Great Webinar!
+10

Spectacular presentation. Thanks for sharing!
+8

It was excellent. I received a lot of information. She needs to come back.
Basic Member
+3

Good information at a basic level covering all aspects to begin thinking differently about CCSS ELA. Thanks

This was a great overview of the CCSS ELA Standards mean - just like the title says. It doesn't go into depth but it give just enough information to get ready for the next piece of information regarding common core. I think it is important for people to take in the CCSS slowly so as to really understand it. This is a great beginning.
more reviews ...