Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Reading and Writing Web Sites to Enhance Literacy and Engage Learners

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like to enhance your students' reading and writing skills in ways that not only engage the students, but that also help to seamlessly integrate technology into their learning? How many reading, writing, or literacy web sites do you have in your repertoire? In this webinar, join Brandon Morton as he covers a variety of web sites and tools that you can use to strengthen reading comprehension and writing skills, while engaging students in the technology they love. He will share examples and tips for using these sites so that students can benefit from and enjoy learning and creating with these technology tools.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, August 1, 2013 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Reading & Writing, Response to Intervention (RTI), Web Tool Overviews
Tags: literacy, reading, reading comprehension, web sites, writing

Reviews (39)

Excellent webinar. It was very informative about websites to support reading and writing. I will be incorporating some of them with my students.

Some good websites for middle school children. I will investigate whether some of the sites for elementary students can be used with my beginning ESL students.

Lots of useful websites to investigate. I appreciate that you took the time to actually show us some of these sites.

Good presentation - mostly tools for younger students, but some for middle/high. Will look into some of the tools to engage my students!

Many valuable resources.

Excellent - thanks for showing us around the sites.

I appreciated all the great resources provided! I also appreciated that you took the time to show and demonstrate some of the apps- very helpful.

Great webinar that gives useful resources for younger students, but also good for some older students. Most of these sights will be good to use for my struggling readers and writers.

There are many new resources too try with my classes and my own children.

Thanks for the list of ideas! I am going to try some with the child I tutor.
more reviews ...