Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

New Ways to Research: An Alternative to Research Papers

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Not so long ago, being literate meant being able to read and write, but in our digital world, being literate also means being able to find and assimilate information, solve problems, and use technology to present what was found. This webinar will explore how teachers can promote some of these newer literacies by looking at research in an innovative way. Join Melissa Edwards as she shares alternatives to standard research papers, including different ways of doing research and alternative ways that students can present what they find. She will share some resources and tips and discuss different ways to approach research rather than the dreadful way most of us remember from when we were in school.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, December 3, 2015 @ 7:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Reading & Writing, Tools for Student Projects, Virtual Learning
Tags: assimilate information, Dol219, literacy, presenting information, Research, research papers, researching, resources

Reviews (23)

+1

Thanks for sharing these new ways to research, plan to implement.

I loved this webinar. I teach in alternative education and am always looking for fresh ideas. I can't wait to try some of these alternative assessments with the students!

Very refreshing take on student research.
+8

There are some really great ideas presented in this webinar.
+2

This is perfect for our genius hour projects that the students are researching right now - so many great ideas! Thank you...

What a great way to make researching more meaningful. Thanks for the great information!

l loved this webinar! I take away many alternatives to book reports and traditional reports. Thank you!
+9

I really enjoyed your webinar. Thank you for sharing:)

Good Info!

Great ieas
more reviews ...