Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Inspire Real World Learning Through Mobile Devices

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

How do we encourage learners to apply their knowledge within a meaningful context? How do we tie learning to learners' real world experiences and environments? Children are surrounded by smart phones, netbooks, iPads, iPods, cellphones, and other mobile devices. In this presentation, join Shelly Terrell as she explores various offline applications and multimedia that motivate learners to understand their world. In addition to discussing some of the mobile devices that can be used to motivate learners, she will also share a variety of learning activities and explain how to ensure these activities are grounded in sound pedagogy.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: College & Career Readiness, Learning Theories & Strategies, Mobile Learning
Tags: cell phones, cellphones, Instructional Theories and Learning Strategies, iPads, iPods, mobile devices, Mobile Learning or Mobile Devices, real world experiences, tablets

Reviews (23)

+2

I'm looking forward to using these ideas, activities, resources, and apps next year. Thanks for a great presentation!

Nice collection of resources to use with BYOD.
+7

Thank you for great presentation!
+10

Fantastic! Thank you for giving me some new real world tools.
+10

My students don't need inspiration, but Shelly provided some great ideas.
+8

Thank you for these great ideas! I love to see what others are doing to provide real world applications of content and skills. I have been doing this for years but you have taught this old dog a few new tricks! :-)
Basic Member
+2

Great presentation. I especially like the idea of using QR codes. Thanks for the tips!
Basic Member

Great information. Love the real world applications. We need to embrace technology and adjust our teaching to incorporate ideas like these.
Basic Member
+4

Am anxious to try I spy and QR codes in my classroom. Very interesting ideas.
+8

Great ideas, nice apps that I will check. Thank you for the presentation. As always Shelly is fantastic. Thank you for sharing your time.
more reviews ...