Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Around the World in 30 Minutes: iPad Applications for Social Studies

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like to engage your elementary students, take them on a virtual field trip, and help history come alive for them? This webinar will share effective uses, various applications, and creative ways to incorporate the iPadģ in the classrooms to support learning and demonstrate understanding of social studies concepts in the elementary grades. Join Jenna Linskens as she shows how to use these applications to improve student performance and understanding of concepts through creation, not just consumption.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning
Tags: Elementary Grades, History, iPad Apps, iPads, Mobile Learning, Social Studies

Reviews (31)

Basic Member

Great suggestions! I learned about Pin Your World and Tiny Countries! Thanks!

A lot of useful information.

Lots of great information - thank you!

Great presentation.
D
Debra
+9

Wonderful P.D.! Thank you for sharing:)
+2

So many wonderful apps. I loved that she included pictures of the apps so that you can get a feel for them.
Basic Member
+5

Thanks for the great ideas!
+8

Excellent webinar.
+10

What an engaging and beneficial presentation! Thanks for leads to new iPad Apps I may use. I will spread the word about this wonderful webinar to my colleagues and others.
+6

I like the TourWrist app as well as the Stack the States and Countries apps. Geowalk and Stuck on Earth look like fun with the 50 must see spots. Thanks.
more reviews ...