Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Get Students Excited about Reading with the iPad

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Are you looking for ways to engage your students with literature so that they develop necessary reading skills while enjoying the material? The iPad has numerous features to help engage learners with all types of literature. In addition, many books are now available in interactive and multimedia formats on the iPad. In this presentation, join Shelly Terrell as she recommends various places to get free interactive books on the iPad and shares some lesson ideas, tips, and apps for engaging students with reading.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Saturday, April 18, 2015 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Mobile Learning, Reading & Writing, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: iPads, literacy, Mobile Learning, reading, reading and writing, response to intervention, RTI

Reviews (45)

A little to advanced for my grade level but can modify some ideas to make them work

I will be able to use a couple of the resources for my students with special needs. Overall, definitely for higher functioning students.

Many great ideas! I hope to find some of them useful in my classroom.
+8

Must do- Use Educreation to get my students excited about creating their own stories and/or retelling. Thanks for sharing the many other reading with ipad resources.
Basic Member
+2

Great webinar!
Basic Member
+2

Great webinar, Shelly! Loved all the resources and information provided.

Shelly: Thank you for your wonderful presentation and great resources!

Shelly did a great job today. I believe reading is a necessity for every part of education and this webinar gave me a lot of new ideas to share in my classroom.
+1

Thanks for all the information. Great tools.
+5

Another amazing webinar by Shelly
more reviews ...