Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Being Better at Math: Strategies for Elementary Math

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Establishing a good math foundation at the elementary level is crucial to success in math in later grades. Whether you have students who are pretty good at math or students who are struggling with the concepts, there are things you can do to engage their learning and increase their math skills. Join Paula Naugle as she shares how to use items such as manipulatives, games, reflective journals, and bridge tools to help your students go from being passive students to active learners.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Response to Intervention (RTI), STEM
Tags: active learners, elementary level, games, manipulatives, math, STEM

Reviews (58)

Great resources. Video did lose sound a couple of times.

This was very helpful to me as I learned of new strategies and tools that I am looking forward to trying out and using. My only difficulty was that the video lost sound twice in the presentation, each time for at least a couple of minutes. Even though I went back to refresh, the sound was lost again in the same spots. Hope this can be fixed as I would love to go back to re-listen.
+5

Very helpful. I love the anchor charts.
+3

Great information presented in this one. The presenter is easy to follow and makes interesting points. My students love working with the 100s charts, so I was pleased to see that was one of the points in this presentation. The sound cuts out around the 5:14 mark and doesn't return until around the 8:20 mark. I refreshed it and tried a second time, but the sound is still missing during those times.

Completely agree that students should be able to get up and do something to understand math!

Great, thank you!

Wonderful presentation!

This was very helpful. I love the website recommendations
Thank you!.

Great ​webinar, thank you!
Basic Member

Good resources for a new teacher.
more reviews ...