Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Being Better at Math: Strategies for Elementary Math

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Establishing a good math foundation at the elementary level is crucial to success in math in later grades. Whether you have students who are pretty good at math or students who are struggling with the concepts, there are things you can do to engage their learning and increase their math skills. Join Paula Naugle as she shares how to use items such as manipulatives, games, reflective journals, and bridge tools to help your students go from being passive students to active learners.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Response to Intervention (RTI), STEM
Tags: active learners, elementary level, games, manipulatives, math, STEM

Reviews (41)

This was a great webinar about teaching math. I love using the poems to help the students learn their math skills. Paula gave us many great resources to use to aid in our teaching math. I look forward to checking out some of the resources.

I love all of the great resources, thank you!

Great webinar with great resources for the math teacher. I cannot wait to check out and use
Seesaw.

Thank you.

Thank you ! Cannot wait to try some of the resources mentioned.

This is a great refresher for all styles of learners. I really loved all of the great resources - it was a good sampling of what is out there without being too overwhelming! Thank you for your help!

Enjoyed it . Gave me a lot of ideas, jumping off points and reinforced some things I am already doing. She was clear and concise. I, too, would like to see the slides for my own notes.

Thank you for all the great strategies! How can I get ahold of the slides so that I can click on the links?
+8

Strategies were very organized and easy to following. I can not wait to implement them. Thanks.
+4

A good review of math strategies and then ideas to implement each of the strategies.
more reviews ...