Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Engaging and Informing Parents with Social Media

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like to engage parents so that they are more involved in your school and with their children's education? There are many online tools that can help us communicate with and learn from others daily. Tools like Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus are used by students and parents to connect with their friends, loved ones, and celebrities. Schools can use these platforms and more to inform, involve, and engage parents. Join Shelly Terrell as she shares examples of how these tools are being used by schools, suggestions on how to get parents to embrace these tools, and tips on how to avoid potential problems.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Thursday, May 19, 2016 @ 6:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Communication & Collaboration, Social Media
Tags: Administrator Resources, engaged parents, facebook, google plus, parent communication, social media, twitter

Reviews (43)

+3

This is a great way to engage parents in a format that they are on anyway!

Thanks for all the great ideas and reminders on how to keep parents informed and on top of things.

I love hearing about how you focus on the power of Google apps! Very helpful!

like all the ideas of ways to keep communications up with parents to stay informed.

Thank you for showing us a nice variety of avenues to communicate with parents.

Thank you for the suggestions on how to add translation to my communication with parents. This is something I had not considered on my end, but will do so this coming school year!

Thank you for sparking new ideas about how I can get parents involved in my classroom and school.

Rewatched this great webinar to refresh my memory. So many great ideas that can be used in any classroom setting.

Great webinar! Thanks for the info and sharing your resources!

thank you for the webinar!
more reviews ...