Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Entice Reluctant Middle and High School Readers with Engaging MobileApps

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

With all of their digital distractions, it can often be challenging to get many older students interested in reading, but using an iPad or other tablet can help to spark their enthusiasm for books. This webinar will explore various mobile apps appropriate for reluctant readers in grades 6-12. Join Hillary Brumer as she shows several apps in action and discusses many of the iPad's native accessibility features that may bring a reluctant reader to enjoy reading.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, August 4, 2016 @ 10:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning, Reading & Writing, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: high school, iPad Apps, iPads, Middle school, Reading, RTI

Reviews (16)

You are so correct: "Students are so into mobile devices." This webinar was so informative!

Excellent. It provided me with valuable information about the apps and how they enhance reading comprehension and engagement.

Great list of apps that I have never heard of before! The Shakespeare app could be invaluable for anyone who teaches Shakespeare as part of their curriculum.

The resources are very helpful

This is a great webinar with a great deal of helpful resources that can be used when helping reluctant readers which is what I teach.

Thank you for sharing apps for enticing reluctant readers. The resources were helpful.
Basic Member
+2

Lots of helpful information. Thank you!
+4

Lots of useful apps for reading. I will need to look into some of them more carefully.
+7

Thank you for the apps that you provided. The elements app looks great, but is pricey.
+10

Great presentation. Think I will pass the information up to middle and high school colleagues. I can use your sharing to build a better bridge reading with elementary schoolers. Thank you!
more reviews ...