Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Augmentative and Alternative Communication iPad Apps for Special Needs

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

The iPad has opened up a whole new world for students with significant disabilities - allowing many of them to communicate and interact like never before. As a result, Augmentative and Alternative Communication Apps (AAC) apps have proliferated in the marketplace, but the challenge becomes finding the ones right for you and your students. In this webinar, join Hillary Goldthwait-Fowles as she talks about the various AAC apps and discusses considerations when selecting AAC apps for students with disabilities.

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, May 28, 2015 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning, Response to Intervention (RTI), Special Education
Tags: AAC apps, iPads, special ed, special education, special needs, students with disabilities

Reviews (10)

Great apps I can share with my team and discuss with my SLP.
3 bunny slippers. Hillary briefly demonstrated Proloquo2go and TouchChat. She pointed out several sites designed to help special education staff choose appropriate Augmentative apps for students.
Great resources for comparing and becoming aware of AAC apps. Thank you for acknowledging that an SLP would and should be the driving force in determining the most appropriate AAC apps given the students language development, access, etc.
Great information!
Basic Member
Thanks for the info.
Thank you for the information.
Awesome info. Thank you!
It was okay! The apps she brought up were very expensive on their own. Now if I had a child who could use them I would recommend it and have the parent or hopefully medicaid purchase the apps.
Great APPS, I would like to know where to find the list of the Apps. Could you post the link? thanks,
more reviews ...