Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

A Basic Overview of the Danielson Framework for Evaluation

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Almost all 50 states are now part of "The Race to the Top" (RTTT) funding, and since part of RTTT is teacher evaluation, many districts and schools are looking for ways to provide a consistent framework for evaluation. One of the models for evaluating teachers is the Danielson Framework. One of the benefits of the evaluation process, and the Danielson Framework itself, is the ability for schools to make adjustments to best suit the needs of their staff.

This webinar will provide an overview of the basics of the Danielson Framework, as well as give a few examples of how it is being implemented in one New York City school. Join Chris Casal as he gives a brief overview of how his school in New York City is using the Danielson Framework. (Disclaimer: since there are multiple evaluation models and each state/city/district makes adjustments, this webinar is not a specific guide but an overview of one possible use).

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, August 8, 2013 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Classroom Management
Tags: administrator resources, Danielson Framework, Danielson Model, teacher evaluation

Reviews (20)

Thank you.
Chris: Thank you for sharing some information I did not know. Great webinar.
Basic Member
Very good analysis/overview of Rubric.
How teachers perform by observation and other results (comprehensive outlook) seems more positive and productive for the students in the end.
Basic Member
It's a nice overview, the webinar is almost a year ago so curious to see the follow-up a year later.
Basic Member
Nice webinar.
I can share this with my colleagues when we debrief. Thank you.
Thank You!
This webinar provided a good evaluation of the process.
Basic Member
Wonderful. Now I feel prepared.
As always great presentation, Chris! . This is a great topic to have like a forum and discuss as a group. I hope we can have more of this type of webinar. It is very important .
more reviews ...