Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Grammar Challenges: Make the Mundane Meaningful!

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

When you're teaching grammar to your students do they lose interest, complain that it is boring, or fail to see its relevancy? This webinar will show how to present problems to be solved and engage your students in a collaborative grammar practice. It will also explore using mobile devices to connect students to resources beyond the classroom. Join Catlin Tucker as she shares ways to let your students be the experts by asking them to research, design presentations, and present for their peers to address the Common Core Speaking and Listening Standards.

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Common Core, Communication & Collaboration, Mobile Learning, Reading & Writing
Tags: CCSS, Common Core State Standards, English, grammar, Language Arts, presentations, research, speaking, Speaking and Listening standards mobile devices

Reviews (29)

Great ideas for making grammar more interesting to students.
Great examples and ideas! Thank you!
Thank you for the creative ideas.
Great webinar. Lots of ideas I want to use. Making learning fun helps to engage my students.
Wonderful methods to make grammar relevant, meaningful, and even fun for students. Packed with strategies that would work for other subject material, too.
Basic Member
I was always trying new things in my classroom to get students involved and interested in grammar and vocab. Thanks for the great ideas.
Basic Member
Love Catlin's webinars! I always learn something new and beneficial!
Basic Member
I heard several things I can use in my 4th gr. classroom.
Great ideas for keeping kids engaged in grammar lessons.
Basic Member
So many teachers enjoy teaching grammar (I am guilty)- it is great to have new ideas to make it fun and connect it to real life.
more reviews ...