Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Top Apps for English Language Learners (ELL)

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

The National Center for Education Statistics reports more than 11 million school-age children in the U.S. are English Language Learners, and for these children to do well in school, it is crucial that they learn English as quickly and as well as possible. Mobile technology can be a powerful motivator for these students, facilitating development of skills in vocabulary, grammar, writing, and more. Join Susan Brooks-Young as she shares a variety of apps that your ELL students can use to master English.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, May 29, 2014 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: ESL/ELL, Mobile Learning, Reading & Writing, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: apps, DOL1110, ELL, English as a Second Language, ESL, ESOL, Language Learners, mobile learning

Reviews (14)

great review of apps for ells...will definitely use in my classroom
Basic Member

Thank you for including iPad and Android apps. Makes it more accessible to students that may not have iPads.

Very sensible tips based on reaching english language learners.
Basic Member

Very simple apps to use with your students and some great ideas!
+8

Excellent webinar.
Basic Member

Learned so much from this webinar. Thanks.
Basic Member
+2

Thank you for sharing the resources and your experiences.
+7

Thanks! I learned new apps and you were very kind to reply my questions! Smiles from Argentina, Maria :)
+10

Excellent presentation! A lot of info.
+10

Thanks, Susan! I am going to use this info right away.
more reviews ...