Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Vocabulary Lessons that are Student-Centered and Collaborative

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Free
Access Now

Overview

Learning vocabulary can often be tedious for students, but it doesnít have to be! Come explore strategies for engaging students in dynamic vocabulary lessons! Learn how you can flip your vocabulary instruction, drive inquiry, and support online collaboration and publication. Join Catlin Tucker as she shares how you can do all of this, while addressing the Common Core Language and Writing Standards Ė and without adding to your workload.

Presented by Catlin Tucker

Details

Subject: Language Arts
Last aired on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Blended Learning, Common Core, Reading & Writing
Tags: CCSS, collaboration, Common Core State Standards, flipped lessons, inquiry, Language and writing standards, publication, Vocabulary

Reviews (43)

Basic Member

This was very informational!! Some great ideas! Thanks

wonderful ideas!

Thank you for the great ideas!

Such a great way to flip a portion of your class! Catlin really gives such great ideas that are easy changes to better my classroom.
+2

Excellent!
Basic Member

I use so much time in class teaching and reviewing vocabulary. I really enjoyed your ideas to get some of that teaching out of the class time.

Love the ideas for flipping vocab instruction! Thank you very much!!!

Good information, I learned a lot. Thank you.
Basic Member
+4

I have yet to watch one of Caitlin's webinars that wasn't informative and helpful. It really made it clear with this one how I can start in the classroom, take it online at home, bring it back to the classroom, online again at home, and once again back to the classroom.
Basic Member
+2

I liked the ideas that get the students engaged with the word. If students are engaging with words, they will know the meanings, understand the word, and use them correctly in their own writing.
more reviews ...