Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

What Do Students Need to Learn: Unpacking the Common Core State Standards

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

What does that standard really mean for your students? What should you expect your students to be able to do? Where does this standard fit in the learning progression? Join Dr. Elizabeth Jakubowski as she explores these questions as you learn how to "unpack" a Common Core State Standard for Mathematics or English Language Arts. The model template being used is applicable to all grade levels.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 @ 4:30 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Common Core, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: CCSS, Common Core, FSU1010, standards

Reviews (6)

Very helpful and excellent examples
+10

Much appreciation for the indepth sharing about Common Core State Standards. I will guide others to view this presentation for clarity. I will also inform them that you are willing to send your PPT as provided on the last slide of this presentation. Thank you so much. :) Absolutely wonderful!
+10

!
+8

Great Webinar!
Basic Member
+5

This webinar begins the discussion of what it means to unpack the CCSS, which is important. This could have been a 60 minute presentation but it presents to those who dont know how to begin to unpack the standards.

This presentation was filled with much needed information regarding the Common Core State Standards. I feel it should have been delivered in an hour format rather than 30 minutes. I have a better understand of what the standards are expecting students to achieve.
more reviews ...