Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Increase Your Effectiveness with Struggling Elementary and Special Needs Readers

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Catching falling readers and writers is huge challenge that requires skill, understanding, and hard work. This webinar will examine 4 essential factors that play a big role in determining our effectiveness while working with struggling students. Join Dr. Connie Hebert as she explores the creative use of Voice, Pace, Body Language, and Eye Contact for catching falling readers and especially those with special needs. Daily motivation, encouragement, and engagement are important and necessary for all learners.

If you work with struggling students at the elementary level, including those in special needs, remedial reading, or Title 1, this webinar will provide guidance and help you reflect on the role of the teacher so we can ""catch them ALL"" . . . it's not the program, it's the teacher!

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Saturday, September 29, 2012 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Learning Theories & Strategies, Reading & Writing, Response to Intervention (RTI), Special Education
Tags: DOLsept29, reading, Return to Intervention, RTI, special ed, special needs, struggling readers

Reviews (20)

Thank you for the useful strategies. Can't wait to read your book.

Wonderful and down-to-earth practical!

I loved this webinar! I plan to buy the books. Thank you so much!

This was an excellent webinar! The strategies you listed will be helpful for all of my beginner readers!
+8

This was the absolute best webinar!!!!! I love learning reading strategies.
+9

Great presentation!
Basic Member

Using a variety of texts is so important, as is questioning. Good suggestions to begin working towards helping struggling readers.
Basic Member

Great presentation, lots of information
+10

What a well-organized webinar to retreive and advance us to catch readers before they fall. I will share information from this webinar with my professional circle, parents, and my community links. Thank you!!
Basic Member

Excellent information.
more reviews ...