Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Exploring NASA in the Non-Science Classroom

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you think NASA is just for Science and Engineering? No way! For example, have you ever used a robot to discuss history? Have you ever borrowed a Space Shuttle tile (for free) and used it to spark creative writing? Come discover what many math and science teachers already know... NASA offers an abundance of resources to educators! Join Beth Ritter-Guth as she shares examples of what NASA can offer any academic classroom and discusses how you can get started using these awesome resources this year.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: STEM, Tools for Student Projects, Web Tool Overviews
Tags: cross-curricular resources, DOLsept15, NASA, science

Reviews (14)

Thanks Beth, very cool stuff (even for science teachers)! I had no idea about NASA’s “loaner” program.
Basic Member
+5

I never would have thought to look to NASA for so many things. Thanks for all the great tips.
Basic Member
+6

Excellent ideas. Thank you.
+5

Thank you for the information!
+6

Great job! And a lot of good info!
+7

Nice overview on NASA resources and how to access the resources.
Basic Member

I agree that NASA has a wonderful site, but was unaware of their artifacts program. Thanks for the inspiration to use these resources. As an elementary science teacher, it was eye-opening to see these resources in a different light.
Basic Member
+8

Great resources! Thank you!
Basic Member
+2

Thank you for all the wonderful information and how to integate this throughout the curriculum.
+7

wow... I had never imagined that NASA could have all these resources! Thanks for having shared them! Smiles from Argentina, Maria :)
more reviews ...