Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Flipping Your Back-to-School Night

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Does your Back-to-School night pass in a blur of brief conversations? Flip your Back-to-School Night and maximize your face-to-face time with parents. Not only can you front-load the evening with the nuts and bolts of the class, but you can also provide parents who are unable to attend with important information they'll need to more effectively support their students. Join Catlin Tucker as she explains how she flips her Back-to-School Night and shares strategies for maximizing her time with parents.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Communication & Collaboration
Tags: Back to school, open house, parent communication, school night

Reviews (64)

Interesting ideas. I may start incorporating some of this with parents at open house.
+1

Wonderful idea, think I will have to try it.

Some super ideas to use online resources with parents.

Great webinar that really got me thinking about how I want to run my back to school night!

Thank you ! I love the way parents can get involved so quickly. I am also going to use google voice so my students can give me feedback on group projects. :)

This webinar provided great ways to get parents involved right from the beginning. In a technology savvy world that is how we need to reach out to our parents.

Great tools to consider for the classroom communication.

Great ideas for the upcoming year for parents night! thanks
+8

Great tools to maximize time with parents during "Back to School Night". Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for these excellent ideas for making teachers more accessible to parents.
more reviews ...