Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

An eBook Initiative: Making A Difference

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Have you ever considered the benefits of moving your school or district to eBooks? In this webinar, you will learn the importance of eBooks, the advantages of using eBooks, and how using eBooks connects to the Common Core and other standards. Within the state of Iowa and Van Meter School, eBooks have been implemented into the schools and communities. Shannon McClintock Miller will share how this initiative was implemented at Van Meter School and how the students, teachers, parents, and the community have embraced it.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 @ 10:30 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Common Core, Mobile Learning, Reading & Writing
Tags: Common Core, ebook implementation, ebooks, library

Reviews (10)

It was a good presentation on how her school introduced eBooks. I was hoping for more information on why she used MackonVia and what its format is like. The presentation seems a little dated. Perhaps, more apps and tools that could be added to this presentation.
Basic Member

This was a very nice presentation. I particularly liked the focus on community involvement as well as the intro to skitch and flipsnack - great info!
+8

Excellent webinar.
+5

Excellent presentation! I've been using eBooks (love the USA titles) for several years. I haven't tried the Mackin platform yet. Sounds like a good one to investigate! The platform I'm currently using is proprietary to one company's books. Thanks for such great info
+10

Awesome webinar. Thank you!
+8

Great Webinar!
Basic Member

I really enjoyed how you set up your program and then got the students excited to use e-books.
+6

Thank you for such an organized and clear pathway to setting up a successful program.
Basic Member

The presenter made some great points. First, you have to support and educate yourself about your school, county, or state initiatives in order to help your students become successful. Second, always involve parents and the community. It shows that you care on a larger scale, and it creates open lines of communication and respect. Finally, it may take more time to implement and use these resources and strategies in the beginning, but the students will love it, and that is what's important! Thanks for sharing!
+2

Excellent overview of how their school rolled out their e-book initiative and different ways that they have utilized e-books.
more reviews ...